Yes I still have some swap items to finish, of course I have! So this week-end I finally got started on the table runner I wanted to make for the Jolly Swap on IG. I bought the fabric in October at Alexandra Palace and changed my mind a few times as to the design I was going to use. And finally last week, I found inspiration on Pinterest to make mine. I worked out a pattern on a scrap of paper and got cutting on Friday night!
48 HST and 3 4-patch blocks later I was ready to put the 3 interlocking blocks together into a table runner
I love how this has turned out. I hope my partner does to!
Quilting and binding next!
middle star made of 2.5' squares and HST
outer star made of 4.5' squares and HST
Final size will be 23' x 46 ' (block size: 16')
And that's another 3 blocks for the 350-blocks challenge taking me to 16!!
Linking to Design Wall Monday.
I might have over-committed when it comes to my swaps... but anyway I have been busy playing with Christmas fabric in the last week or so. I made some ornaments for the Trim the Tree Swap on Flicker which is always full of cuteness. I made a heart ornament to each of my partner. I used the paper-pieced heart block from the 318 Patchwork Pattern book
and I added a little tree as well.
I made the same ornaments to Hannah for the handmade ornament swaps on Instagram and added a "JOY" ornament all made from the 318 Patchwork Patterns book. I have made a few blocks for the quilt-along but most as been made in ornaments rather than a mini quilt.
I thought it would be better to send them in a Christmas sack so I used once more the trusted pattern from Jeni to make it.
I also made a Christmas Sack for my partner on the Santa Sack swap (who happened to be one of my Trim the Tree partner too)
and sent everything together.
I also made a block for Amelia who was in a swap with other children but didn't receive many back. She'll have a gorgeous quilt.
So I have sent out a few packages but I have also received lots of gorgeous goodies. First some ornaments, a lovely star from Frieda
a reindeer from Francisca
and some more from Louise
As for Rose, she spoiled me with an absolutely fantastic Christmas sack (log cabin on one side and do you recognise this reindeer?, selvage on the other, it couldn't have been more perfect)
filled with some fantastic goodies, including a handmade scarf.
With all these tiny paper piecing blocks for my ornaments, that takes my total of blocks this month to 13. I better get going if I want to meet the target of 30 by the end of the month!
11 ornament, 2 bags that another 13 OPAMs this month! How good is that! And more to cross off my Q4 Finish Along List.
Gwen had sent me a gorgeous mini at the end of last month for the Fairy Tale swap with lots of lovely goodies. She told me she liked the Litte Red Riding Hood and she loved paper piecing so with that information I knew which direction to go! I found a pattern on Craftsy that I was planning to use for the mini and pieced little Red Riding Hood from it
but then I decided that I didn't really like the wolf or the forest. So I looked further and used this pattern for the wolf and this one for the forest that I enlarged to 8'.
As for the cottage, I started using the Crafsty pattern but then modified the roof to make is less "Swiss cottage". I had fun making these.
These were the 4 blocks I finished in October but hadn't shown yet...
The final mini is not so mini at 22' square but that's fine I think! I used simple stippling for the quilting.
I really love Jeni's tutorial for a lined drawstring bag so I also made a little bag for Gwen using this lovely fairy take print that I had bought at Alexandra Palace. I love it, hope my partner will like it to!
I filled the bag with a few goodies (London and fairy tale!)
I have finally made a start on my paper piecing blocks for the 318 Patchwork Pattern Quilt-Along organised by Allegory. I missed last week linky party but I was determined I wouldn't missed this one. The blocks in the book are tiny and for the quilt-along, the idea was to enlarge them to 6' but I have enlarged mine to 3.5' only so I can transform them into Christmas ornament.
The heart was the perfect block to start with as it is quite straight forward.
I made a few more this week
The mug wasn't bad either
apart for the tiny handle!
I then tried the apple which isn't that difficult but fiddly because of all the small pieces.
With swaps and bees and temptations everywhere, I have fallen behind on my bee blocks. I must confess that I was planning to catch up with all the hand-sewn ones during my summer holidays but that was before I applied for new jobs and knew I would be busy with interviews... I thought I might get some time during half-term but taking the kids to Center Parcs with Mum wasn't the best plan to have plenty of sewing time. Ah well, at least I did steal some sewing time and managed a few blocks! I finished my third and last Get Your Hex on block for Kelli. Those flowers are just huge but she is planning to turn them into make-up bags.
I also finished one Lucy Bee block for Jacqueline.
That's 2 blocks for the 350-blocks challenge for November/