Saturday, 5 September 2009

Patchwork day

Today was a patchwork day for me. My quilting group the Log Cabin Quilters meets every week and last September started a once-month Saturday session with a tutor to make a sampler quilt or a Sew-A-Row quilt or The Underground Railroad quilt. I signed up to make the Underground Railroad quilt and attended the first 4 sessions before the birth of baby daughter. After a long break I have gone again today. It was really nice to catch up with everyone and to be able to sit down uninterrupted for a few hours to sew. By last January I had made 12 of the blocks and had 3 left to do. Well today I have (only) managed to finish my last 3 blocks. No picture ready sorry that will be for later. Too much chatting really for me to have more done, but never mind it was nice to catch with everyone. I will use the quilt-as-you-go method for this quilt. This is new to me as I never tried it. We'll see!
Most of the ladies at the session today made a very cute tiny Christmas wall-hanging. Next month, I will leave my Underground Railroad quilt to the side (most probably) to make a Christmas table runner.
And tonight I have cut some more dotty hexagons for the Pot Luck. Again you will have to wait to see my choice of fabric this time!
Till later,
Celine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond to everyone. Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
There was an error in this gadget