Owls got framed!

I have more OPAM this month, how incredible!

A little while ago, I received an email from Terry's Fabrics asking if I would like to take part in their "Unleash your Creativity Cushion Challenge". The rules were quite simple, you had to choose 2 fabrics from their website (they sell furnishing fabric not quilting fabric) and you were sent a package with half a meter of each fabric and a 18' cushion pad and off you go!



I picked a lovely Owl fabric and a green gingham fabric for my cushion.

I received them a few weeks back and thought about different ideas of what to do. But because those fabrics are curtain fabric rather than quilting fabric so the scale is quite large, larger than what I am used to work with. In the end, I decided on a simple fussy cut design. I picked the owls from the fabric and fussy cut around them. They weren't all the same size so I decided to frame them with the green gingham fabric and to keep them off-centered for a more modern look to get them all to 6.5' squares before sewing them together into a 9-patch.
I kept one square blank to write free-handed Night Owl.

I also tried out some decorative stitches on my sewing machine to quilt my panel before turning it into a cushion.

All done, I now have a big Owl cushion that Miss C has already claimed her own and one more OPAM for this month!
Linking to Sew Cute Tuesday
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Blog hop and a giveaway

Dare to Dresden - Day 5