Orsola dress

When the Orsola dress was released last summer, I fell in love and planned to make one straight away. I bought some lovely bright pink fabric and this is where I stopped.... I know, I know, sounds familiar. So this year, when the #sewtogeherfor summer challenge came up on Instagram to make a wrap dress, this was the obvious project to pick up again! And because I hadn't bought enough fabric for the lining as well, I paired it with a floral cotton lawn I had in my stash
I also managed to cut an Ogden cami in the same fabric too that I finished earlier. I took it more slowly with the Orsola dress but managed to finish the lined bodice the same week-end I cut it off.
Next step was to make the skirt
which I finished with French seams to make it neater inside
And then to add the waistband to the bodice
before attaching the skirt to the top. The inside waistband is finished by hand, which is what I have left to do, hopefully tomorrow
So the month is nearly over but I am still hopeful that I will finish my Orsola dress in April. If only that could bring the sun back....

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!