Best of 2019

Picking up the best of the full year is always an interesting but difficult exercise. It is also interesting to see how my makes evolve throughout the year!  I have listed 102 OPAM in the sidebar of my blog, that's not a bad number even though it features a high number of small easy objects. Now my top 5 among those are

1. Jangles Anchor Bag - I love the style of this bag and all the bling on it

2. Hello Kitty quilt - I had cut the squares for this one years ago and never started it. I finally found a recipient for it and managed to complete the full quilt in a few weeks

3. Scrappy Trip Around the World - this one had about half of the blocks done during the quilt-along and was parked away. I am so happy that I finished it in time to gift it to my brother for his birthday

4. Kobe Top - I bought this pattern a while ago and never got around to try and then I bought some Liberty fabric that was perfect for it. I love the style of this top.

5. Sirocco jumpsuit - this one was out of my comfort zone as I didn't think I'd like a jumpsuit. So much so that I made 2 and cut a third one. I love that I managed to make this one in a couple of hours too.

There are many other projects that didn't make the cut and many that I was planning and didn't finish/start/progress. This year has also been extremely busy on the work front both in quantity of work but also in time away as I had to travel to US 7 times between end of June and mid December. Of course, this has taken its toll onto my family, my fitness (jetlag and overnight flying are quite brutal when repeated so often) and my free time (also known as sewing time). Let's see what 2020 has in store for my family and myself, hoping to have some creative time more regularly.

Linking to Best of 2019

Celine

Comments

  1. I absolutely LOVE your brother's Scrappy Trips quilt and your Kobe top!! Best of luck on a super stitchy 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have certainly worked on a variety of projects. Enjoy your sewing in 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, beautiful quilts and clothing. You are very talented for sure. That Scrappy Trips quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finishes, I love the quilts and clothes. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Blog hop and a giveaway

Dare to Dresden - Day 5