Summer blouse

 I know, summer is over,  although temperatures adding midday have been so mild recently that we could wonder! In any case I'm ready for summer weather with my new blouse! I cut it early September as part of a double challenge. The Charlie pattern was offered for free by the designer,  la Robe du Chat, new to me but a nice find! With a challenge to sew the pattern by mid September, which I failed! There was also the IG #magamsewalong challenge to make a shirt in September. 

I started quite well really until I reached the step where the collar had to be attached to the blouse. 

My first collar as well... so I set everything aside for later.... or for never! Anyway we had a day off work for world mental health day early October so I decided to use some of it for me and to sew. 

I picked up my blouse again. In the meantime, la Robe du Chat released an add-on to the pattern so I decided to add some short puffy sleeves which I hadn't initially planned. Easily doable since I had a lot of fabric left!

I made great progress on my day off and managed to finish my blouse last week. The tutorials on the designer's IG account really helped for the more tricky steps too. 

I found some buttons in my stash which I thought would go well for the front.

And of course I added a cute label. 

Now my blouse is ready to be worn, I really love the riot of colours in the fabric that had been in my stash for a few years, a beautiful Italian cotton found in Goldhawk Road. Nearly all from my stash really apart for the bias I used in the hem.

This was my October One Project A Month challenge that I'm so happy to have finished. 

Linking to Design Wall Monday, Monday MakingMidweek MakersWednesday Wait LossHappy Needle and Thread Brag about your Beauties, Off the wall Friday, Finished or Not Finished Friday, Put your foot downPeacock Party, Patchwork and Quilt

Celine

Comments

  1. Beautiful blouse Celine, very nice sewing. It fits perfect to the trousers too. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous blouse! Love, love that fabric. So pretty. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty blouse. Garment sewing is not my jam at the moment. I have made tops, pants, dresses in the past though. Collars are always a bit of a struggle. Looks like you had a success! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!