Bags

 It seems that somehow the end of the school year has crept on me even more than usual... I suddenly realised last Sunday that the kids were about to start their last week, i.e. that teachers' presents were needed to be completed by the end of the week but I hadn't even made a start... I needed 4 this year and one was needed by Wednesday morning not Friday + Wednesday evening was the annual fete de la musique (music festival for the summer solstice) which meant that that was one last evening to work on the presents.

I settled on the Zero Waste Wave bag pattern by bag.uettes that I had used extensively 2 years ago before our big move. I digged into my faux leather stash and found 2 sets of 2 fabrics that would work for the outside. The bag is not lined in the original pattern but my faux leather back is not necessarily pretty so I opted to line them.

With the pieces all cut, first step was to make the handles, I opted for the spaghettis ones this time, which ends up being quite long to make as each is sewn through 3 times. And one of my faux leather was REALLY sticky and wouldn't just not move at all... so I had to use tissue paper on both sides to be able to sew it and then to remove the tissue paper, pieces by pieces with my tweezers, not exactly a fast process, especially when already short of time.

I finished the first one on Wednesday morning with about 20 minutes to spare.... and it was gifted the same morning.

And because I ended up going out on Wednesday and Thursday night, I burnt the midnight oil (quite literally) on Thirsday night to finish the last 3 bags. All were gifted on Friday and I received a direct thank you on Wednesday evening and a lovely thank you note on Saturday morning.

I used those lovely handmade labels inside the bags.

4 bags made, just in time but ready nonetheless! Nothing better than a deadline to keep the mind focused for sure.

And it is all from my stash so of course, this is a bonus too!

Linking to Design Wall MondayMidweek MakersWednesday Wait LossHappy Needle and ThreadPut your foot downBrag about your Beauties, Off the wall FridayCan I get a Whoop WhoopPeacock PartyPatchwork and Quilt 

Céline



Comments

  1. Bravo, pour ces beaux sacs et pour les avoir terminés à temps ! J'aime beaucoup leur forme, et le tissu de la doublure est joyeux.
    Merci pour le partage ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!