My first millinery attempt - a fascinator

I have always been attracted by hats and used to try some on each time we would go to the nearest department store with my Mum when I was little. However I had never try my hand at making a head piece. While browsing the Internet to find hat courses or books a little while ago, amazon had next to nothing but I found the How2hats website which has quite a few ebooks to download. I ordered the Feathered Creations ebooks and made the fascinator below today. I used white and platinum sinamay to make the hat although it is difficult to see the two tones on the picture. I will give to my Mum this week-end to wear at the wedding with her white and silver dress, hope she likes it!

I have also started to cut the black and red/wine sinamay to make a fascinator for me. I saw a design in John Lewis this week-end which I thought looked nice so this will be my inspiration. I hope to finish it tomorrow as the wedding is fast approaching.

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!