Strawberry Shortcake Messenger bag


Baby Girl, soon to be known as Miss Strawberry Shortcake, started attending Playgroup last week so Mummy HAD to make her bag for the occasion. I finished the bag just in time on Thursday night, she was starting on Friday morning. This is also my first OPAM for November and hopefully not the last one this month!

I had bought this lovely Strawberry Shortcake fabric a while ago with no real purpose in mind so decided it would be much appropriate for the occasion.

I used the same design for the bag that I used for Big Boy's one a few years ago before he started school. The outside of the bag is all the same fabric.


I used a contrasting "pink bubbles" fabric for the pockets, the lining and the side of the bag. You can see the pockets here slightly hidden by Miss Strawberry Shortcake's favorite friend.

and now the front of the bag with the 2 pockets.

And finally a Big Girl proudly showing off her bag and happy to have join the Big Kids at Playgroup!

I was lucky enough to be a winner on the Bloggers' Quilt Festival organised by Amy last week. I won the "Versatile Messenger Bag pattern" offered by Candied Fabrics. Surely, I'll have to make yet another Messenger Bag soon to try out the pattern now.

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse