Sunday, 15 January 2012

Bee Europa 2011 - January 2012

This month we are making blocks for Ulrike who sent us 2 white strips and 2 printed strips of fabrics and asked us to make some Bento box blocks with them.


Amelie found a very good tutorial to make the blocks from the Quilts of Love blog and the blocks got together very quickly. So much so that I have decided to make a quilt for myself as well. I have combined this with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. The colour is red this month so I have made 2 red Bento box blocks. Although I am slightly cheating because I haven't used scraps for my blocks but fabrics from my stash. These are fabrics I bought because I thought there were pretty but without a project in mind and the fabrics have been sitting in my stash ever since (some of them for over 5 years I guess), waiting for the right quilt/time. I was also scared of cutting it off because there are pretty - how silly! Anyway, here is a way to use and ENJOY the fabrics I bought because I liked them!
Anyway here is my first red block
and my second with a Japanese import fabric I bought years ago
Now I am not sure how to sew my Bento box block together, should I mix them up like this
or should I keep the same fabric together?
What do you think, which looks the best? Let me know your thoughts, hubby and I have different opinions on the matter!
See you soon with more!
Celine

2 comments:

  1. ooh! Liking the red blocks...I like the block with the same material together...however its your quilt xx Have fun with it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are lovely and I do like those red and white ones. But I guess that they would look just as good mixed with other bright colours (not a lot of help here, am I!). Have fun with whatever you decide to do

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond to everyone. Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
There was an error in this gadget