A new beginner

This week-end was all about having a great time with very good friends who came over to stay with us. 6 adults and 7 kids under 8 but it was great fun. We had a very relaxing time and it almost felt like a holiday despite the cooking and that. Not much sewing done but that's fine! And yesterday afternoon while I was clearing up, Miss Strawberry Shortcake decided to have a go at sewing with fabric! She had done a grid on paper but hadn't tried "real sewing" yet. She got hold of my scrap baskets and picked some pieces with the idea of making a small bag.
She is a bag lady actually even though she is only 4!



She choose all the pieces herself. She started by sewing them in pair and then I helped her putting laying them together to get a rectangle. She was so excited and so proud and I must she has done very well for a first time.
I cut her some piecing of webbing for the handles and a piece for the lining and then I helped her holding the pieces together while she was sewing her bag. She was so pleased with what she had done, it was very nice to see and great to share that special time with her. Her brother was so impressed with her work that he had already placed an order with her! The bag will be her cuddly toy's sleeping bag for when we go away.
As for myself, I finished a few bee blocks yesterday. I finished my 2 Simply Solids Bee blocks for Kerry from this tutorial. They were fun to make even though you need lots of tiny pieces.


And I also finished my 2 first + and x blocks for Mary for the Japanese + and x Quilting Bee. Mary wanted black and white prints mixed with bright colours. Hope she likes what I have done for her!


I absolutely love this blocks. There are so many on flicker that are yummy. I will have a hard time deciding what colour scheme to pick when come my turn!
Linking to Jen's Building Blocks Tuesday and to Plum and June's Let's get Acquainted Monday.
Celine

Comments

  1. She did very well for being so young. You must be very proud of her, too!! I love your bee blocks and I imagine the recipients will, too. Thanks for linking up to Let's Get Acquainted today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Love seeing little ones sewing. You x and + blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice post! Lovely to se a new sewer in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable. Oh, and your blocks are great too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse