Thursday, 9 May 2013

Bee silly!

I told you yesterday that I had a few Bee blocks in progress, well I managed to finish one last night. But this one has a story, hence my title of Bee Silly! I received the package from Cecilie in April to make her lovely block for Bee Europa. Cecilie had picked a gorgeous Garden Lattice block from the 99 Modern Blocks book.

Unfortunately for some reasons, I did everything wrong with her lovely fabric right from the cutting step. Cecilie had sent us 4 squares of solid fabric and 2 rectangle of Lark fabric. The first step was to cut some 1' strips from the Lark fabric, well I nearly sliced the solid fabric but thankfully stopped my rotary cutter, just in time! Next step was to cut off a triangle in each corner of the square and then to divide the square in 4.
Well that's where my problems started. I mis-read the instructions and cut along the diagonals rather than the centre. Anyway I carried on with the sewing and inserted the Lark strips, until I got to the last step where you are supposed to reattach the triangles separated by another Lark strip. Well then I realised by mistake... but far too late. Can you see?
Of course I was mortified to have messed up so badly with the fabric I was sent to make the blocks so I asked Cecilie what was the solid fabric and ordered some more to be able to make her blocks. Well I ordered Kona Dresden but it wasn't the same as the fabric I had been sent so there was no way I could use it for Cecilie's blocks.
She graciously sent me another 2 squares to enable me to make her the blocks, which I have finally finished last night. I am feeling so bad that I have been unable to make her the blocks she was expected. This is the first time I have such a mishap when making bee blocks and I can tell you it isn't a nice feeling at all...

Yesterday I also worked on my Bee White Black block. I finished all 4 strings squares that I now need to assemble to make my block.
And finally I cut my second stack of Texty Charms.
Charms are now all ready to be sent out for swapping
Linking with Jen's for Building Blocks Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. Oh poor you. It's not like you to muck up. Never mind it happens and the out one was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh strangely enough that does make me feel a little better about losing one of your blocks in my messy sewing room! But I also feel bad for you. It would be great if for a next bee we would only use our own scraps/fabrics so there isn't any stress about messing up fabric sent by a queen bee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celine, don't beat yourself up too badly. We are all human, and your heart is always in the right place. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond to everyone. Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
There was an error in this gadget