Tuesday, 11 November 2014

Tiny little paper piecing blocks

I have finally made a start on my paper piecing blocks for the 318 Patchwork Pattern Quilt-Along organised by Allegory. I missed last week linky party but I was determined I wouldn't missed this one. The blocks in the book are tiny and for the quilt-along, the idea was to enlarge them to 6' but I have enlarged mine to 3.5' only so I can transform them into Christmas ornament.

The heart was the perfect block to start with as it is quite straight forward.
I made a few more this week

The mug wasn't bad either

apart for the tiny handle!

I then tried the apple which isn't that difficult but fiddly because of all the small pieces.


And of course these make 5 blocks for the 350-blocks challenge, taking my November total to 7!
Linking to Week 2 318 QAL, WOW, Needle and Thread Thursday

Celine

2 comments:

  1. These are great and make such fun ornaments. Can't wait to see what else you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blocks are adorable and are going to make great ornaments ... I must be a lazy quilter because I took one look at that teeny tiny fussy mug handle and knew that if I were making it, it would be replaced by a bias strip appliquéd on afterward :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond to everyone. Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
There was an error in this gadget