Just in time

Today was the deadline to send the Liberty swap #lolswapround2 and this is another one that got finished just in time. I had started cutting my pieces some time last week but there were so many deadlines in the last week or so that I didn't finished piecing my block until last night. My partner showed a glance of her mini wall on IG and I noticed that she had a few with stars so I thought a swoon block could work well with those. I picked 3 pink Liberty, a larger print with owls for the centre star, an allover pink for the outside and pink and green floral for the accents. And I love the block I must admit. I even thought that a quilt made of Liberty swoon blocks would be so nice... maybe, one day (I can dream lol)


I started the quilting last night but didn't manage to finish it before bed time. So I got back to it this morning when I got up.


I used a white binding so it doesn't show. I added the binding entirely by hand because I was so late but it worked quite well actually.
I really like finishing a swap with something that I'd love to keep for myself and almost find hard to send on.

Mini stats:
Machine pieced swoon block with Liberty of London prints and Kona white, all from my stash
Machine quilted and bound
Finished size 16'
Started and finished in February 2015

I also made a tiny, teeny pincushion with the off cuts from my block.


And this is what I sent to my partner.

Between the 3 trips to town for the girls' dance classes this morning, I managed to post my parcel to my partner, just in time!

This week has been all about finishing stuff and a deadline does get me focused, but sometimes I really wonder why I have to wait that late to really get going and get the last-minute stress.
I can add 2 blocks to the 350-blocks challenge but that only takes me to 9, way behind the target of 30...

Linking to Whoop Whoop Friday, OPAM, Q1 Finish Along.

Celine


Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Blog hop and a giveaway

Dare to Dresden - Day 5