An old UFO

A long time ago (in 2010), I ordered a Moda Scrap Bag and received a roll of strips from the Migration collection by Holly Taylor, probably long before the Jelly Rolls were popular with no much idea what to do with them.

About the same time, I found an hexagon quilt-along organised by Julie of Jaybird Quilts. So I started sewing strips in pair, before cutting them in triangles and playing around with the layout as shown in her blocks.



I finally finished the blocks and assembled the blocks into a top.... well in August 2013 because of a blog hop for hexagons. And at the time, I thought I would be able to quilt and finish it by the following month.... well no quite!
And this flimsy laid around for nearly 2 years before it finally made it to the quilting frame last June, hurrah!
And then it was just a matter of squaring hexagoning it off to add the binding on, which finally happened in January!


Quilted with Aurifil 4650.

This is the first of my Q1 Finish Along List.
Linking to Needle and Thread Thursday and Whoop Whoop Friday.

Celine

Comments

  1. Dear Celine,
    congratulations, what a wonderful finish, love zour hexies. All the neat color combinations, just gorgeous.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely hexagon quilt. I love the options you have with such a simple strip set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those hexies and great to see it finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt is great! Love!!! Thank you for participating and sharing in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global hosts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5