Well another time came when I saw this post on Moda blog about the string blocks and suddenly remembered that I had some of those too. So I got the blocks out and started peeling the paper (painful when people had used glue all these years ago), squaring them off and preparing them.
And then rather than agonising about colour placement and etc, I decided to just go for it and assemble all the finished blocks I had. I happened to have 56 so that was perfect for a 7x8 setting.
I must confess that I am not mad about the fabric/colours/style of the blocks but I am planning to finish and gift it rather than leaving it to languish for another decade or so.
Now that the top is finished, it will need quilting, next time the frame is out. Not quite finished of course but at least it has moved one step forward!
Linking to Whoop Whoop Friday