Long post warning!
Last weekend, I attended a 2-day sewing weekend locally. You might wonder why I put a question mark in the title of my blog post, well it is intentional! I decided that since I had 2 days and some guidance, I would tackle a "big" project. I picked the Jasika Blazer that I had intended to try and make during the online sew-along in spring. I never got further than cutting the pieces for a toile. Ideally I would have sewn the toile before the weekend but that didn't happen either... so armed with my sewing machine, my overlocker, my toile pieces, my main fabric send lining, off I went on Saturday morning, full of expectations!
I managed to cut my fabric before the first day was over. I fused the pieces on Sunday morning and cut the lining too. And on Sunday mid afternoon, finally came the "real" sewing... in the end I managed to sew the darts and get started on the breast pocket.
Now to pick up all the pieces and make the Blazer. Let's see how long this will take...