Mini blocks

The mini series sew-along is finished, there are no new blocks released and we have until the end of the month to use the blocks into "something" to be an official finisher. I wasn't sure what to make or even how to set my blocks but over the week-end, I trimmed them, removed the paper (that took FOREVER!) and started playing with them.

I eventually settled on an on-point setting with plain squares in the middle. To make it a little more interesting, I decided to border the plain squares with a tiny solid border, I picked the turquoise blue I used in the blocks.

To fill my gaps, I cut 4 bakcground squares at 4' that were bordered by a 3/4' turquoise strips to give me 4 squares 4.5'. I also needed half-square triangles and quarter square triangles for all 4 corners. So I cut 4 squares at 4 3/4' that were bordered by a 3/4' turquoise strips and then cut in half diagonally. And finally one square at 5 1/4' bordered by  a 3/4' turquoise strips and then cut on both diagonals to give 4 QST. The triangles were bigger than needed but it is always a lot easier to trim them than to make them bigger. Once my 9 filler blocks were made, it was time to assemble the top.

Now onto the borders and the quilting.

Linking to Monday Design Wall,  Wednesday Wait LossMidweek Makers Needle and Thread Thursday

Celine

Comments

  1. What a pretty way to finish your blocks! Love your fabrics. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

It is snowing...