Rio Ringer night dress

As soon as Kelly released the Rio Ringer top and dress, I bought the pattern and printed it. It was the perfect candidate for the #sewtogetherforsummer loungewear challenge and looked like a great pattern for a summer nightdress. It is also one of the 2 patterns for May for Sew My Style. I also washed my fabric promptly and then everything sat there because I was working on other projects. I didn't manage to join the sew-along but sometimes delays are a blessing. Kelly presented some hacks on her blog after the sew-along, including a scoop neck version that I really loved. So when I finally cut out the pattern last Friday, I redrafted the neckline to have a scoop neck too.
Apart from the neckline hack, I cut a straightforward size 14 that I didn't lengthen either. The dress is rather short on me and I would lengthen it if I was planning to wear it outside but for a night dress, this is fine.
I used this soft jersey fabric that I had in my stash, bought a while ago from Fabworks.
As usual with True Bias patterns, the instructions are easy to follow. The construction of the neckline is different from what I have done before. And it is worth spending a little time and basting to ensure matching of the seams as best as possible.
The shape of the T-shirt dress is comfy and I love the retro look of it. I could easily see some Rio T-shirt in my wardrobe when I have some time to make more!
Another lovely pattern from True Bias. Another OPAM for May and one of my Q2 FAL list. And for the first time in a long time, one of the Sew My Style make.
Linking to Whoop Whoop Friday.

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!