Nautilus swimsuit

 A few weeks back I received the Nautilus swimsuit pattern for free from Paprika Patterns so I could to try it out and promote it. I had just the right fabric in my stash (bought a few years back from Girl Charlee UK) but never used... but I didn't have lining or elastic so I ordered those.


The pattern is rather versatile as it can be made as a one-piece suit or a bikini and then there are several options for the bikini patterns with different rises for the bottom part and the addition of twist or not. The top can be attached as an halterneck or have bra straps too. 

I picked the high rise bottom without twists and the halterneck bra. 


The pattern has got lots of details and pictures that are easy to follow. In addition, there are a number of tutorials on Lisa's website to help pick the right fabric/size, make adjustements etc. 

This was my first time making a swiming costume and it was pretty easy to make. I didn't need any adjustment but I used different sizes for the top and bottom to correspond to my measurements and it fits rather well. Now we haven't really had bikini-weather in the UK yet, more like ski jacket weather until very recently so I am afraid I couldn't model the finished bikini but you get the idea! And who knows, maybe we will get to go on holidays this summer and maybe I'll be able to road test my new swimming kit.

One OPAM for May! 
Linking to 
Midweek MakersWednesday Wait LossNeedle and Thread Thursday


Celine

Comments

  1. Wow I've sewn clothes but never a swimsuit! Love the fabric you chose. So pretty! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!