Back to work...

Today is officially the last day of my maternity leave. I will be back at work tomorrow leaving my little daughter at home with my Mum while my son will go to childminder as usual. How strange will that feel after 7 months at home... Can't believe how quickly the time has gone. But then you are never really bored with 2 little ones! I have done a few things but of course there were plenty more on my to-do list.

I haven't even started my darling daughter's quilt. I bought the Teddy's Playhouse pattern from Kids Quilts at the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham last year. The pattern had sold out so I had it sent all the way from New Zealand. Their stand at the show was delightful and I really wanted to buy all the patterns. I bought some Christmas patterns at the same time and made a stocking

and a toy bag for my son last December. There were fun and quite quick to make since I managed to finish them both in time for Christmas (just) while starting on 20th December.

I haven't started the Hungry Caterpillar quilt that my son is nagging me about now and then, only bought the fabric for it last November.

I haven't finished the quilt for my Auntie's birthday, the one for my grand-mum. I haven't started all the bag I was planning to make. No time to explore those ideas I had in my head. And the list could go on and on and on... If the days could have 48 hours!...

Anyway it was great to spend some time at home with the little ones, to get little time to play with fabric, to read some many different great sources of inspirations (blogs etc). Now is the time to find a new routine. Hopefully I will still be able to post updates more or less regularly and hopefully you will continue to come and visit me from time to time!

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Blog hop and a giveaway

Dare to Dresden - Day 5