Tuesday, 23 February 2010

Storm at sea

I went to my patchwork group today because I can't attend next time there is a Saturday meeting, I should be on my way back from our ski trip. Today we were doing Foundation Piecing Storm at Sea. I knew I wanted to do mine in purple/violet but I wasn't sure about the background between dark (black/grey) or light. I took both options with me and finally choose to go with the lighter option (maybe because the weather was so miserable, I didn't want to add more darkness!) I also decided to zest it up with a small yellow-green square in the middle of my big blocks. I am glad I went with the light background. I did one of each block today to see what it would look like and have a guide for colour placements for further blocks. Here is a preview of the units:
What do you think?

This morning I also found a siggy in my mail. This one came from Femija in Germany. I will send her one tomorrow.

Off to the sewing machine now as I am on a mission to finish a bag... Hopefully I'll be able to post pictures soon.

Celine

3 comments:

  1. Hi Celine!
    I love 'storm at sea' but haven't had a chance to make one yet. I like the light background, too and you yellow compliment your blues and purples...Can't wait to see more!
    :)
    Have fun on your skying trip!
    :)
    V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Celine, First I recieve your siggy thanks for that.
    And I like the light backgrund, and your blog is beautiful.
    Tiny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabrics you've chosen for your Storm at sea

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond to everyone. Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
There was an error in this gadget