Friday night sew-in results

I did start my Sew-In night very early yesterday but for the first time since I joined the fun in January, I have managed to finish something on the night (precisely at midnight!) - yeah a project for this month OPAM challenge.
After visiting Indigo Blue, I went to Matalan last night to buy some cupcakes tea towels to make an apron for a friend's birthday. I wasn't entirely sure how I was going to make it as I wanted to make one with a bib. Here is a picture of the tea towel (from yesterday evening with the light one, the colour are not great!)

So I made the bottom part first and wasn't sure how to attach the bib to keep the existing hems but not have a lot of bulk around the waist. DH came around and suggested I attached the bib from the back and made an inside pocket at the same time. So I tried his way and it worked well. I then recovered one of the big cupcake to ornate the bib. I am glad with the result really and think I will make others, they'll make great presents. Meet me modelling my apron, early this morning while Big Boy is playing silly to make me laugh...

Today was a shopping day, trying to find an outfit for my Godson's christening and for my Brother's wedding amonsgt other things. I tried a few dresses out but didn't buy anything yet. Decisions, decisions.... Also went to IKEA were I bought more tea towels....
See you soon,
Celine

Comments

  1. Hi,
    Many thanks for visitng my blog. Thought I would pop over and see your apron. i like the bib section that you have added. Nice tea towel too, time I went back to Matalan I think! Friday night sew-in sounds like a good idea as well. I am off to have a look at the rest of your blog. By the way I originally come from Cambridgeshire.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift idea and I love the choice of teatowel that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic project, Celine! You look great! :)
    I really love the way you made it work... maybe you can do a little tutorial next time? 'wink'
    Valentina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

It is snowing...