A new baby book

We spent the week-end at my Mum's house because it was the village fete on Sunday. Big Boy made the most of the merry-go-around. Baby Daughter even tried a few times. We saw the family and that was really nice.
I thought I would also see one of my friend who had a baby about 6 months ago. I still owe the little boy his present do last week, I finished this baby book for him. I had bought 2 panels of Maisy fabric and had done one book for Baby Daughter for Christmas. This time I decided to make a concertina book/bed panel. I think it work better than the book I made for Christmas. I might take the first one apart to make it the same way, it is a lot nicer. This is the front of the book (when folded) made of the strips on the side of the panel:I used some red gingham and green spotty ribbons for the ties to attach the panel to a cot bed.
The beginning of the story:

The other side of the panel:


When my friend's Baby #1 was born, I made her this ABC quilt (this is in French so some of the images might not work with the letter in English), all needle-turn applique, sewn and quilted by hand.See you soon!
Celine

Comments

  1. I love your Maisy "book". I have this panel too plus the fabrics that go with it .. was thinking of cutting it all up and putting it into a quilt but I like your idea of the concertina book! I also have the Hungry Caterpillar panel.... oh so many fabrics and ideas... now to find the time to make them all!!

    Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How incredibly cute! I am sure your friend was thrilled!
    I love your idea : this way bay can really enjoy all the colours and images... Bravo, Celine! Any pictures of the weekend to share? sounds like you had a lovely time!
    :)
    And the ABC quilt is truly a treasure. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5