My sewing room - mini quilt

I have finally finished my little quilt for the British Quilt Swap. I made a sewing room for my partner. I hope she likes it! I based my design on the draft I made out of paper about a month ago.
I had this lovely fabric with rolls of fabrics that I used on the side walls of the room. For the centre I used a neutral fabric to applique the mannequin and spools of thread on. I made the dress from some selvage strips I had kept and threaded the spool with variegated threads.
I then added a wooden floor and dropped a few buttons on it and my tape measure.
The buttons, spools and mannequin were all cut with Tim Holtz sewing room die on Sizzix.
My block is 12' square so I'll be able to enter it in the "Texting while sewing" competition that Amy is running this month!
I used the knit stitch from the free motion quilting blog on the middle part of the my mini-quilt and also it isn't perfect, I really like the effect of it, my hubby said it looks like wall-paper, which was the aim so that's encouraging.
I finished hand sewing the binding this week-end.
And added a pretty label that I received from a swap a while ago, I thought it was perfect for this little quilt .
Now it is all ready for my partner, where is it heading in the UK, North, West, East or South?
This is my first OPAM this month. I am hoping for a couple more still so stay tuned!
Celine

Comments

  1. This is truly adorable! Your fabric choices are outstanding. Good Job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is my favourite from the whole group :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this mini Celine, thank you. I should point out that unfortunately I have more than a couple of buttons on the floor where I do my sewing: it's constantly covered in thread-so thank you for making my virtual sewing room so much neater

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!