I signed up for (yet another!) swap last month for mug rug. There was no specific theme and my partner's requirements were very open so I had lots of freedom of what to do! I looked at my partner inspiration mosaic and saw a lovely picture that caught my eye, so I used it as a base for my design.
I assembled the background of my rug with a selection of random sizes green/lime fabrics that I then sliced off and sew back together.
I then stitched over the petals with a contrasting black thread, quilted the background with a pebble stitch.
and on the back!
I tried a single fold binding for this tiny quilt. I usually use double folded but I wanted a skinnier binding so as not to overshadow the mat too much. And this is the finished mug rug which is flying to America today, second OPAM for August!