I love Sewing

Little sewing progress this past few weeks, the house remodelling is taking all my time and energy at the moment. We are sloooowly getting there but there is still so much to do... And of course there is also the Christmas biscuits to make for the teachers (4 bags this year!), little vanilla biscuits that seem to be appreciated at home too...

And if you are here for the swap, sign ups for the Simply Solids FQ swap are here! Now back to my sewing

The first block I completed for Linda for Sew Euro bee an, I have decided to call "I © Sewing".
Linda has sent us a lovely assortment of fabric and has asked for a block made of 3.5' squares with optional applique to make a 12.5' block.

I applique 3 pieces on my block: one heart

one spool
and a handful of buttons.
and one "I © Sewing" block

Because we are soooo close to Christmas I choose to make a "Christmas baubles" block for my second blocks, using different sizes of circles in red and green for my applique
and one "Christmas baubles" block for Linda.
My 2 blocks are finished and ready to go home now.

I am linking this post to Jen's Building Block Tuesday
.

When I was stalking my partner for the Scrappy Mug Rug swap, I discovered on Flicker a fun group swapping small blocks (3.5'). There were so many gorgeous blocks in the pool that I couldn't resist joining the group. And this month for the first time, I am making Bitty Blocks for the Bitty Blocks Committee. 9 little wizards for the fantasy group.

The blocks are 3.5' squares and the design is mine, drawn free-hand and applique onto a starry background by moda.
They can all go on their way now, ready to meet other fantasy people. I can't wait to receive my bitty blocks now!
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

It is snowing...