Granny blocks

Since starting back at work earlier this year, I find it a lot more difficult to do everything. I have very little time and energy for sewing, even less time to spend blogging etc but such is life... with 3 kids and a job, a house and... But I can't complain really, I just have to accept this is the way things are at the moment!
Recently, I came across Catherine's slow blogger manifesto and I thought that was me currently so I have linked with her for the first time this month.



To celebrate Worldwide quilting day this week-end, although I worked on getting my curtains finished I also made a some progress on a few Granny Bee blocks. These are for the Granny Bee Blocks on Flicker. If you are interested we have one or two openings left, but be quick!


These blocks are fun to make and go together quite quickly. I find that the more time consuming step is to pick and cut the fabric squares! We are making the blocks using this tutorial.
I have 3 finished now, I need to make another 5 to catch up.
Autumn colours

Blue and red

Black and bright


And I have made good progress on my second EPP block for Helen, even though it is still a WIP!
I am linking with Lee for WIP Wednesday on Freshly Pieced.
Celine

Comments

  1. Thank you for linking up! A granny squares quilt is on my wish list:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this - just something else I HAVE to make. I need to be upstairs in my sewing room and not down here on this darn machine. Your granny squares are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of doing some of these granny squares out of Glamping to match the quilt currently in progress.
    Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

Blog hop and a giveaway