Sunday, 31 August 2014

August in review

Another month has whizzed past me. We were away for 2 weeks and I thought I would do a lot more hand sewing than I actually did but then I had other commitments that have eaten up a lot of my "free" time, hopefully for a positive outcome soon. Fingers crossed. Anyway, let's have a look at what I can cross off my August list and what will be carried forward to my September list.

Hoping for Finishes!
1. Finish my Flower Power quilt for my Grand-Mum 85th birthday Lazy Bums challenge for July and this is also going to be my pick for August (again) for A lovely Year of Finishes - yes it is finished and gifted

2. Finish my Cat Quilt - need 13 more blocks before quilting etc - yes it is finished and gifted

3. Dumpling Swap - yes it is finished and sent over to my partner

4. Strawberry Swap - yes it is finished and sent over to my partner


5. It's a Sister's Thing Swap - secret sewing all done (blog post to come soon)

6. Make a book bag for Mister Cars and one for Miss Baby - 2 NewFO for August - both are cut and I have started assembling Mister Cars' bag

7. Finish my Wiksten Tank started at the FQR - no progress

Bee Blocks
8. Stash Bee block (June, July and August) - June and August in progress
9. Little Blog Bee block (August) - nearly finished
10. Block Lotto blocks? - none
11. I love Lucy international block (July and August) - both started 

12. flower hexies for the Inchy Hexie Swap (July and August) - both done

13. + and x blocks (12) - none

WIP
14.Midnight in the Oasis - no progress
15. Mod Mod Along blocks: Sunrise Blocks x 6, Little Window blocks x ? - no progress
16. You've got Mail wall hanging - need 4 more envelopes - no progress
17 Finish Maud's bag and my work bag - no progress
18. Make a few blocks for my Green Tea and Sweet Beans quilt - no progress
19. Make more Farmer's Wife blocks - no progress
20. Continue working on my Once Upon a Time Sampler - very good progress as I have now finished the first 5 months, June and July are nearly there and August not too bad!

New projects
21. Flowering Snowball quilt-along - NewFO for August - cutting has started

22. Postcard quilt-along - NewFO for August - no progress

Total number of blocks for the 350-blocks challenge: 17 (13 under the challenge)

Linking to NewFOFresh Sewing Day and Flowering Snowball Along (despite my very little start).
Celine

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Lots of cute stuff here. Cute fabrics you're using too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering you've been away You've got a load done this month xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- you must never sleep :)
    Love all your projects- especially the cat quilt and flowering snowball!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful Hexies! I an just learning those!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond to everyone. Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
There was an error in this gadget