I started piecing the envelopes in March 2014. I made about 4 or 5 at the time and then cast the project aside, moving to another one...as I so often do. And of course I wasn't planning for this small but labour intensive project (there are quite a few pieces in each envelope!) to take well over a year.
Anyway, I picked up the envelopes again a few weeks ago and finally made the last few blocks I needed.
And then I took advantage of having the quilting frame out in June to quilt a panel using this fantastic Lines and Spirals Tutorial by Lori Kennedy at the Inbox Jaunt, and I love the final effect on this panel.
Finally at the week-end, I am the strips for the pockets and attached them to the background,
and finished hand sewing the binding last night!
And today, hubby has hanged it on the wall for me. I am so happy this is finished and I must say, I love it!
My first OPAM for August as well as my challenge for A Lovely Year of Finishes and also item #19 on my Q3 Finish Along list. I am on a roll!
Linking to Let's Bee Social, Needle and Thread Tursday and Whoop Whoop Friday.