A finish!

2 days late to be able to claim it as my Lazy Bums finish for July but last night I finished hand sewing the binding on my You've Got Mail wall-hanging from a fantastic pattern by Ayumi in Patchwork Please.

I started piecing the envelopes in March 2014. I made about 4 or 5 at the time and then cast the project aside, moving to another one...as I so often do. And of course I wasn't planning for this small but labour intensive project (there are quite a few pieces in each envelope!) to take well over a year.

 Anyway, I picked up the envelopes again a few weeks ago and finally made the last few blocks I needed.

And then I took advantage of having the quilting frame out in June to quilt a panel using this fantastic Lines and Spirals Tutorial by Lori Kennedy at the Inbox Jaunt, and I love the final effect on this panel.
I used Superior Thread King Tut #996 and also YLI Quilting Thread Ecru #002  on the top of my panel and Gutterman Sulky #4017 (variegated lime green and yellow) in the bobbin to match my bright backing.



Finally at the week-end, I am the strips for the pockets and attached them to the background,

 found the perfect black and white grid fabric in my stash for the binding (regretting not having bought more than half a yard)

and finished hand sewing the binding last night!

And today, hubby has hanged it on the wall for me. I am so happy this is finished and I must say, I love it!

My first OPAM for August as well as my challenge for A Lovely Year of Finishes and also item #19 on my Q3 Finish Along list. I am on a roll!
Linking to Let's Bee SocialNeedle and Thread Tursday and Whoop Whoop Friday.

Celine

Comments

  1. Very nice finish, congratulations.
    Such a cute littel wallhanging and so practical too.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely finish. I especially love your quilting. I'm visiting as a member of the official 2015 official cheerleading squad.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5