Tuesday, 29 September 2015

Work in progress

Where to start? Of course as usual I have many irons in the fire. This week-end, I started 2 new projects, one which is more in the "secret sewing" domain, but more will be revealed soon and one which is a "I-have-a-deadline-of-2-weeks-to-make-this-quilt". Crazy me? Yes maybe but I only seem to focus if I need to finish tomorrow, otherwise I am a real butterfly.

Anyway, I will show you some of the secret sewing, lovely diamonds in batiks and an old stashed fabric, that I have "rediscovered" when shopping my stash for a background and fell in love with again. So here they are 10 little diamonds.

And now for the quilt for my friends' 40th birthday, well I am making the Castles on the Horizon quilt designed by Michele, as a quilt-along with a group of friends. I bought 2 layer cakes for the quilt so I have spent a while this week-end sewing HST, 8 at a time.

I am nearly there with the triangles, next stop: the quilt top. And I better get going because I now have just 10 days left.


Linking to WIP Wednesday, Let's Bee Social, Needle and Thread Thursday.
Celine

3 comments:

  1. Those are very lovely diamonds indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the best quilts are "stash" quilts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those diamond blocks! What size are they?! Its a lot of fun rediscovering stash fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond to everyone. Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
There was an error in this gadget