A Christmas quilt

Last year I tested the star plus pattern for Claudia and went as far as making the quilt with some lovely winter/Christmas fabric. I had left the top aside, hoping I'll finish it quickly in time for Christmas.

A year has passed and the top had been languishing, awaiting its chance. So I finally got it out last Monday night to quilt it just before we put the frame away for Christmas.


I quickly added the binding on the front and we have been sleeping under the quilt since Tuesday night even though the binding is not sewn on the back.

Christmas day was a nice quiet peaceful day and I finished sewing the binding by hand while watching a comedy with the family.


First time we sleep under a quilt I have made, hubby was impressed! I have made plenty of quilts, but never one for us yet!

Quilted with Aurifil white on the top and variegated grey Superior Thread in the bobbin.
Linking to Let's Bee Social, Whoop Whoop Friday.

And this will be my final OPAM and final Q4 Finish Along.
Celine

Comments

  1. Wow Celine,
    you have been busy, another beautiful finish. Lovely colors on the star quilt.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great one to rejuvenate!! I like the variety of sizes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

Blog hop and a giveaway