I am so pleased I finished it on time and I really loved how it turned out. I had picked the 30 blocks I wanted to make out of the 45 in the book but I hadn't planned the fabric at all. I just want with my stash and with what took my fancy so it is a very scrappy quilt and a bit of an explosion of colour! I bought the white for the sashing to bind it all together. So this month I finished the last 8 blocks that I was missing to get to 30. The last one (the pumpkin, which needed 30 different orange fabrics, not my strongest colour!) was finished on Sunday!
I assembled the top on Monday night while hubby was putting the quilting frame together and loaded the quilt ready for quilting on Tuesday night. I used an allover flower design inspired by The Inbox Jaunt and used Aurifil thread to quilt it.
And the only thing that was left was the binding, which I finished yesterday.
Farm Vintage quilt pattern by Lori Holt
Fabric for the top - all scrappy from my stash, wide backing fabric by Ann Kelle for Robert Kaufman
Quilted with Aurifil
Size: 66 x 79
Started: Finished: 17 December 2015
8 more blocks for the 350-blocks challenge, taking me to 9 and my first OPAM this month! This is also my challenge for A lovely year of finishes and one of my Finish Along for Q4 list!
Linking to Whoop Whoop Friday, A lovely year of Finishes and Q4 Finish Along.