Finally, an old UFO has come out of the box and I have made some blocks. I am so grateful for the Lazy Bums group to push me (for the second month...) to pick it up again.
I made the 2 first elephants when the quilt-along started in February 2015. They've been waiting for some company ever since!
The blocks come together rather quickly once the pieces are all cut... Not sure why I sat on this project for so long but I have been having fun with these little elephants after all.
I made all the Mummy and Daddy elephants
and also all the babies.
It feels good to have finally made great progress on this UFO/WIP after so many months and to finish all the elephants at once, I didn't think I'll go that far!
These additional 13 blocks make a total of 23 blocks for the 350-blocks challenge.
And then, I wasn't sure whether to only keep elephants in the quilt or do keep to the original pattern. So I decided to ask the recipient and she opted for the original pattern.
So now I only need a few colored blocks to finish the top. I am planning to finish the quilt for her birthday in February.
Linking to Let's Bee Social.