I ordered some satin online and organza to jazz it up a little and found an "easy" Burda pattern that would fit what I was trying to make so off I went!
and decided that it needed jazzing up a little so I ordered some lace to put on the bodice of the dress that I added on the front and back. I hand sew the lace as I thought it would be easier on the nearly finished garment.
I bought a satin fabric with big circles sewn to it as I was worried with regular satin it would be a little plain. The body of the bolero is lined but not the sleeves.
Anyway, the communion was nearly 2 weeks ago now.... we had a great time. Once the sewing was over there was a lot of cooking involved to cater for our 20 guests that had come from France! That's also why I have completely deserted the blog in the last few weeks!
Of course, the dress is not perfect but hey. I made it. I would never have believed I could do something like this 6 months ago!
Now this is a big tick of my Finish Along list, a big OPAM and also my One Monthly Goal. Lining to Needle and Thread Thursday, Whoop Whoop Friday.