Pillow fight!

Finally, after procrastinating for nearly the whole month, I have finished my pillows!

I messed up the first one so much that I had to unpick everything but at least I tried one at a time. I thought it would be fun to add pompoms on my pillow and to close them with a zip on the side (both features I haven't tried before of course). Well fun is not the first word to come to mind now... In addition I used a beautiful cotton lawn fabric for the back of the pillows but it was so slippery, it kept moving away, pins have been my friends here!

Pompoms get in the way of the machine foot when you sew.... Lesson learned, don't sew them too close to the border and move your needle position...

But I now have beautiful cushions that will sit on my bed and will be used as support when we read at night. All from a very old UFO started when I started my blog about 9 years ago... Not sure why it took so long really.

I am so glad they are done, and this was my One monthly goal as well as one of my Q1 FAL list. And that makes 4 more OPAM for January, a good start of the year.

Linking to Whoop Whoop Friday.
Celine

Comments

  1. These are so much fun! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing super cute pillows! I love the pompoms! On behalf of the 2018 FAL hosts, thank you for finishing along with us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

Blog hop and a giveaway