Kielo again... and again!

For a long time I couldn't see the attraction for the Kielo dress. Of course, that was until I made one and found out: wearing a Kielo is like wearing secret pyjamas. So as soon as I finished the first one and started wearing it, I cut a second one. 
I was hoping to have it finished in time for the #sewtogetherforsummer competition on IG. I nearly got there but a business trip just before the end of the contest and lots of kids taxiing prevented me to finish on time.
 I cut the second one slightly shorter and tried to sew the armhole a little higher but that didn't work. I got to the point where the dress only needed finishing (armhole, neckline and hem) and just like last time moved on to other projects, why oh why? I am not sure, really... I tried to find some knit bias tape but didn't and then while making my moxi shorts, I used wonder tape and that was the light bulb moment! Of course, what about using wonder tape to turn the hem under and stitch it to finish the armholes, the neckline and the bottom hem. And that worked so well, I love it. I used my twin needle and it gives such a nice sleek finish! 

Now why did it take me over a month to get to the point of finishing it? That was my last-(minute) finish for July and my last OPAM too!





And before I even finished this one, I had bought some lovely viscose jersey to make....another Kielo. 
This one went really fast, cut and sewn up in just about 2 days. And this time, I got VERY adventurous (at least for my standard!) after listening to Love To Sew podcast about pattern hacks. I cut the neckline (back and front) 1' lower and I left the bottom hem as a raw edge. 
Again I finished the neckline and armholes with a hem with my twin needle.
So not just one but 2 Kielo dresses to continue to enjoy the hot summer we are having. Now how many Kielo is too many?

And with the new OPAM for August, I can also cross 2 off my Q3 FAL list as well as my  Celine

Comments

  1. How pretty! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely dresses, I hope you got lots of use out of them. The weather surely was great for them! Thank you for participating in the Finish-A-Long!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse