Mini quilt

The deadline to finish our Mini Series Sew Along blocks was 31st May. There was no script was to make all 8 blocks from the sew-along and finish them in a project by the deadline. specific guidance or projects shared by Alison Glass or Giucy Giuce but just general ideas. The After debating whether to make a cushion cover or a mini quilt, I decided on a mini with the blocks set on point. With the bonus block, I had 9 blocks to be squared to 4.5'. I used a 3/4' turquoise stripe to set the blocks from the background and made the top last week.

I then framed the blocks with another 3/4' stripe, not the easiest with such narrow pieces. I now wonder if I should I cut the stripe larger and trim it after sewing. And finally with a 1' background stripe. There was a scrap of wadding and a scrap of spotty fabric in my stash in the right size to finish this mini so that was easy

I have been wanting to try matchstick quilting for a while. A small project is a good one to try it as it takes forever and uses lots of thread! I used a alternate of horizontals and verticals lines in the background squares and triangles as well as the border. 

Finally I used a 2 1/4' stripe of background fabric for the binding. The mini top was finished sitting in the sun on Sunday afternoon, just in time for the end of the sew-along. 
It only needs to find a space on a wall now!

Quilt stats:
Fabric: all from my stash - Kona cotton solids and Timeless Treasure sketch for the top and binding. Spotty fabric for the backing

Quilted with King Tut 971
Block size: 4' finished
Pattern: Mini Series by Alison Glass and Giucy Giuce
Started March 2020, Finished 31 May 2020
Size: 19.5' square

This was my last OPAM for May and one of my Q2 FAL list too. 

Linking to Monday Design Wall,  Wednesday Wait LossMidweek Makers Needle and Thread Thursday.

Celine

Comments

  1. Oh Celine, that mini quilt came out so pretty. EVERY block looks beautiful but hard to sew. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little mini Celine - nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute mini! Love the colors! The matchstick quilting is perfect for this. Thanks so much for sharing this on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! All that itty-bitty piecing, then all lovely quilting. What a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!