A finish!

I still find it very difficult to find some sewing time. Either I am spending my evenings looking for a job or, when I am not, I find myself lacking motivation, energy, brain space to do anything at all. I am lucky that I have had interviews and am progressing with a few companies for now until I get finally an offer that works for me and for all but it is rather a draining process. Anyway, over a few sessions, I have finally managed to sew the binding down on this long-time UFO. 

The string blocks came from a swap I did on Flicker in January and March 2012.
I picked them up and made the top in February 2019

And I finally quilted the top, with a variety of designs back in May, almost as a "lesson in free-motion quilting". 


I went through my sewing room to find all the bits of strips I could find to make the binding and used fabric I had in my stash for the backing.

Quilt stats:

7 x 8 blocks from 2 swaps in 2012
Backing and binding from my stash
Quilted with YLI thread that I had in my stash forever!
Finish size 42 x 48''


This is indeed a Lockdown quilt as well as my first finish for July and for Q3 2020 and also my One monthly goal

Linking to Monday Design WallMonday MakingWednesday Wait LossMidweek Makers, Needle and Thread ThursdayPeacock PartyWhoop Whoop Friday

Celine

Comments

  1. One of these days I'm going to make a string quilt. Yours is a great finish. I also use my quilts as FMQ samplers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Congrats on your finish and thanks for being part of One Monthly Goal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celine,
    It is a great feeling to complete a quilt - binding and all! Congratulations. I like the white center strip on each block - it looks like sashing when the quilt is complete. Clever! Good luck on the job front - these are trying times for so many people that are not working. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about the job situation, but you are making progress and connections. Something will happen for you soon I'm sure. Until then, you are feeding your creative soul with lovely quilts like this one! How wonderful to finish a long standing UFO! Kudos to you my friend. Thanks for sharing this on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. String quilts are always so cheerful. I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love string quilts. I use the blocks as leaders and enders.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!