Barbie girl

 And not just any Barbie, a pregnant one too!

My brief was to make an outfit that would show the pregnancy. Not my usual dressmaking!

I started by looking for patterns but quickly decided that I wouldn't anything suitable so I settled on a pair of wide large trousers and a top, long at the back and cropped at the front. 



I tried both pieces with some scrap fabric I had at home and cut off the pieces that needed to come off, particularly on the trousers. Once all fitted I was able to unpick and use the pieces as my new papattern. I forgot to keep them or take a picture!

All worked reasonably well but the hems ended up to be very fiddly so I decided to stitch them all by hand.

The delivery has been accepted (thankfully for me!), a few weeks ago now but it has taken me this long to post it. 

At least one finish in July and my One monthly goal!


Linking to 
Midweek MakersWednesday Wait LossNeedle and Thread ThursdayPut your foot downBrag about your BeautiesOff the wall FridayPatchwork and Quilt

Céline 

Comments

  1. What a challenging project! Frankly I don't know if I'd know where to start. Your result is lovely. no wonder the client was happy. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/07/24/wednesday-wait-loss-390

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Ravenbrook Scrap Quilt Along

Pillow card holders