Sunday, 31 January 2010

Marmalade - round 2 or the issue of converting measures...

This week I bought a second pack of Seville orange to make more marmalade. So today I started again squeezing the oranges and cutting the skins etc. Because I am not used to work in imperial measures, I made a mistake when measuring the pints of water and added to much. That meant that I didn't have enough sugar for the quantity of liquid I had but managed to find almost what I needed and I ended up with about 15 pots this time. We'll surely have enough for a little while. Today I also finished another 4 pot covers (that was before I knew I'd have another 15 pots...) and took a picture in daylight. So much nicer colors.


From here
to there
Tonight I'll work on my snowmen again I think.
See you soon.

Celine

1 comment:

  1. Hi Celine (Bonjour)
    Thanks so much for visiting my blog, I had no idea I had a reader on the other side of the world. It's very exicting.
    Yummmmm your marmalade looks so delicious. I have never tried to make jam. I love your covers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond to everyone. Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
There was an error in this gadget