Two pretty little purses

Sunday is Father's Day here in the UK. School and pre-school offer for the kids to buy their Dad a present as a fundraising activity so of course both of the eldest wanted to buy a gift for Daddy and had to take money with them. I made Mr Cars a purse last year but it is far too big for a couple of coins really. When we did the mosaic for the RATZ swap on Flicker, I spied a few little things that I thought were gorgeous and one of them was this tutorial by Erin for a earbud pouch. I thought that could be perfect size for a kid's purse.

On Monday night I made this one for Miss Strawberry Shortcake, perfect with Hello Kitty fabric on the outside and Maisy as the lining.
The pattern and tutorials are great. It takes less than one hour to make from start to finish. Miss Strawberry Shortcake loved her new purse so much that she insisted on going to bed with it last night!
And yesterday night, I made this London one for Mr Cars. He picked the fabrics himself. Lining is the "I love London" red fabric by Makower. He too was really pleased with his new purse.
I am also posting pictures on the Purse Palooza Flicker group. Have you checked it lately?

I think I might be making more of these soon for presents etc, so cute and fast to make!
I used some continuous zip that I bought a while ago and couldn't remember how to add the slider of course, but I found this great video on YouTube, in case you need to know how to do it too!

Celine

Comments

  1. they look great .. and hopefully will keep the "pennies" safe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously cute! THE perfect post to rejuvenate this week under our Tuesday Archive crafty theme!! I can think of a dozen uses for this already!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

Blog hop and a giveaway