Saturday, 3 October 2015

Farmer's wife 1930 Quilt Along

The Farmer's Wife quilt along has kicked off earlier this week on Angie's blog and it has gone viral! Hundreds of followers, well done Angie! I wonder how many quilts that will make in a year's time?
GnomeAngel.com

Anyway, I received my book in time so I had no excuse not to partake. And I am happy to report that I duly made the first block:
#12 Becky


the second block
#16 Bonnie
and the third block
#8 Aunt

in time.

I haven't bought special fabric for this quilt (maybe I need to!) and decided I will stick to my stash as much as possible. To be honest I don't like 30s fabric so I knew I wasn't going to go that route. I just want a happy cheery quilt. Let's see how far I will go from my stash.... My middle daughter is dreaming of having a poney farm when she grows up so maybe she will be a Farmer's Wife.

In a moment of complete madness, I even went to check if I had already made blocks #12 and #16 of the original Farmer's wife quilt (that I started... a few years back) and you know what? I had.


I was almost disappointed!
I haven't made block #8 so hopefully I will find time for this one soon (lots of fiddly pieces and some Y seams that I am thinking of changing...)
Maybe the new Farmer's Wife will help the old Farmer's Wife to progress. Watch this space!
3 blocks for this month 350-blocks challenge.
Linking to Gnome Angel

Celine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond to everyone. Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
There was an error in this gadget