Wednesday, 27 April 2016

Working on a quilt top and more blocks

So my April challenge for the Lazy Bums is to make a quilt top for my son with blocks I received a few years ago (about 2013...) from various swaps and bees (to be honest this has been on my to-do list for a while actually)
and I had even devised a plan using sashing around each blocks and made a start last year but didn't go very far.

So I got my pile of blocks out at the week-end and of course I had been clever enough not to keep my scribbles that were my plan with the blocks and fabric so I have now idea where it has disappeared! And I decided that the best thing to do was to lay out the blocks and start again. I had 25 blocks altogether that I collected but decided that it wouldn't be enough, ideally I needed 30.
I found another 3 that I had made for other purposes but that hadn't been used yet and were the right colour scheme but slightly smaller, a tiny border and I could throw them into the mix and was left with 2 holes to fill!
Easy to add 2 blocks and because I had no particular ideas of each blocks to make, I decided to enlarge the last 2 6' blocks from the 365 Quilt Challenge, making little sister and big brother combinations and using some of my son favorite themes. I love to see how different the blocks look using different fabrics!

And a day or so later, I had a quilt top (and I must admit, I love how it has turned out)
- nearly it just needs its borders now (but I have a couple of days left until the end of the month)!
And in addition to these blocks, I have made more for the 365 Quilt Challenge, keeping up with the daily assignment! 3 more 3' blocks and 2 more 6' blocks





I also finished my 2 flowers for the Inchy Hexie Swaps in reproduction fabric

And I made block 7 for the Modern HST sampler, one more to catch up with before the next one is released!

More blocks in production of course, including some bee blocks that I am hoping to send out very soon!
That takes my total of blocks this month to 40 blocks so far!

Linking to Building Blocks TuesdayLet's Bee SocialNeedle and Thread Thursday.
Celine

5 comments:

  1. Wow - you have a lot going on there! Love the blue and green one, as well as the modern sampler block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blocks! I especially love the mix of the blues with the low volume/writing prints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour combination in the sampler quilt, it will be very calm and restful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, what a great progress this month. Love your quilt top, wonderful colors.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blues and greens together! I love a good sampler quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond to everyone. Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
There was an error in this gadget