Still while doing my decluterring and still taking advantage of the quilting frame being out, I unearthed another pile of blocks that I made years ago. This time it was practice blocks I had made during the Colour Companions online course on Quilt University in the spring of 2009. I had made these 4 massive blocks (24' finished) at the time and always thought I would soon make a few more to arrange them into a quilt. And of course, that never happened! You can read more about the blocks in my second (!) blog post here!
So without a quilt top ready or an idea for how to arrange the blocks and without the time or will to make more blocks, I thought I could maybe use them for some free-motion quilting practice and make some cushions out of those to place on our bed. So I quilted all 4 blocks with different patterns.
Now all I need to do is to finish them into lovely cushions to put on my bed! Hopefully this will not take another 10 years or so!