So I was ready for another one.
This time I left the seams on the inside and top-stitching on either side after taking inspiration from IG. And the problem with a fabric that has no right or wrong side is that it easily gets so confusing that I handed making 2 "right" sleeves and of course I only noticed AFTER I had sewn both sleeves on and topstiched both sleeves too. So there was quite a lot of unpicking (and probably some not so nice words as well) but I finally got there on Friday just before I left for the week-end.
Now the coat is all one layer and there is no facing etc. I made the buttonholes 1' from the edge and now the front edge is turning back so I am wondering whether I should had a facing or something to keep it flat. I am also wondering if I should have made the collar double too to make it stronger. Well the coat is finished and wearable for now but it might be that I unpick or modify it a little in the future... or not. I hadn't tried boiled wool before, well now I know!
Another OPAM for November and of course one of my Q4 FAL.