Best of 2018

Maybe it would have been more logical to look back before making plans for the new year? Never mind, maybe I was trying to push to the last minute to add some more makes? 

I had a look at my IG feed and also through my OPAM list for the finishes from this year. I have listed 62 finishes this year,  not a bad number really!

Looking at my list of makes, this year has been heavily orientated towards dressmaking. I have made only 113 blocks altogether and finished 2 quilts, one UFO and one that I started as a quilt-along this year. I have made some cushions from UFOs,  a few bags and pouches too and the rest was all dressmaking. This year I have made some clothes for my children and hubby too, not just for me!

Now picking my best makes is not that easy really, but I have decided to pick these 5 ones:

1.  Bubble Quilt - this is one of my UFO and I am always very happy to finally finish a long-standing forgotten item. With this one,  I had 2 options: either make more blocks for a bigger quilt or leave some out and finish it then and there. I decided to pick my favourite nicks and finish it and I'm glad I did otherwise this one would still be languishing rather than being used and loved.

2. Kelly anorak - this one is a real achievement as it is complex. I made it during a sewing retreat in September so it wasn't all on my own but still I'm very proud of it. I have been wearing it all winter.

3. Fremont tote bag - the bag in itself was quite easy to make but it involved working with leather strips, lots of hardware and some waxed fabric and faux leather. I love the look of it and gifted it to my mum for Christmas.

4. Lingerie - this was new for me and I'm glad it worked well. New as well for me was to follow you tube tutorials to make something and it worked really well. Of course now I want to make more!

5. Blanche bags x2! I don't often make complex items twice but I couldn't make a dance bag for one of my daughter and not the other one! In addition,  although these were not UFOs, I had already bought the pattern and fabric a while ago but never found the energy and time to make the bags.

I think these, for me, are my best of 2018, let's see what 2019's makes will be!

grab button for Meadow Mist Designs

Celine

Comments

  1. Great selection of posts, the lingerie looks awesome. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!