Christmas dress

During the indie pattern month on the monthly stitch,  I set aside a silver and black zebra fabric I bought a while ago with no specific plans to make a Raine dress by Jennifer Laurel Handmade. A pattern I bought last year but never tried.
And although I planned my dress in October, I didn't get around to cut it until earlier this month. The fabric frays A LOT so overlocked all the pieces straight away. And to help even more,  I decided to go for French seams for the construction of the dress.

I planned to place the waistband on the reverse of the fabric to break the dress a little. Well, maybe that was the wrong idea. I think I must have unpicked my waistband about 10 times..... before finally getting it right!
The construction of the skirt was easy enough. Next came the invisible zip, my first one ever. I wasn't sure I'd manage it easily but it was quite easy to sew with the invisible zip foot.
The finition of the bodice was rather interesting. And I must admit I wasn't entirely sure when I read the instructions but it was very easy to sew together. All that was left then was the hem and of course the very important label!

I love the neckline on this dress

And here we are for the first time ever,  I made my Christmas dress.
One more OPAM for December and one more of my Q4 FAL list too!

Celine

Comments

  1. What a wonderful dress, and I LOVE the label! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2018 FAL hosts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!