Trudy turtleneck

Back in October I retrieved this lovely copper jersey from my stash. I bought the piece at the Cloth House warehouse last year with the intention to make a tee for autumn and it had sat there since. I went through my pattern library as well and couldn't decide between the turtleneck tee by Wardrobe by Me or the Plantain by Deer and Doe. So I decided to try and squeeze the pieces for both on my piece of fabric. I almost managed by cutting each piece flat but missed a little length for one pair of sleeves. Not to be deterred, I cut my pieces anyway and again, they had to wait for a while.
And finally last Saturday, I pulled the pieces and the instructions, threading my overlocker with some light brown thread and off I went. Of course, the Tee is a simple shape so it came together rather quickly and easily. I topstitched the turtle neck with my double needle because I like how neat it finishes it.
Finished on Saturday and enjoyed on Sunday. And there was even a little sun to take pictures outside!
I cut straight size 10 from the pattern, I could have modified the back a little to compensate for my sway back but on a Tee, it is not too critical I think.
Of course I used one of my lovely hand made label that I sew by hand this time.
Happily finished and enjoyed, not sure why I waited so long....
One OPAM for November and one off my Q4 FAL list.

Linking to Whoop Whoop Friday

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!