August furtle

August has been busy in many ways and in some good ways too! Early in the month, I received (and accepted) a job offer that I am really enthusiastic about. After so many interviews and a few offers, it felt really nice to finally feel more settled and to look forward to an exciting new adventure in the autumn. 

We also managed to cross the Channel and visit family. We went a first time to drop the kids with my mum for a little while and came back to the UK. We were planning to go back towards the end of the month to spend our holidays there, as our plan B, since Covid-19 had aborted our plan A (We had booked a trip to visit Quebec in January...). Well, Covid-19 struck again. With the UK imposing a quarantine on return from France, we had to change our plans once again. We had to rush back here much earlier to make sure the kids would be able to go back to France on Day 1. 

With much more time at home than originally planned, I have spent some of it diving deep in our mess and getting rid of lots of old paperwork and other stuff that we store for later.... I've only grazed the surface but I am hopeful that little by little, it will get better.

And if you've read up to here, now for the fun stuff! I managed to make a new pair of summer PJ for my daughter, a new summer dress for myself (after the heatwave was well and truly over!), a quick and easy bread bag and looots of face masks (not fun but necessary).

In keeping with the going back to school, I got some of my massive vinyl stash out to make a geometry tools pouch for my middle daughter, a Bo bag for karate for hubby and the kids and a pencil roll for my youngest.

I worked on my cross-stitch sew along to finish January.... I know just a bit behind.

I finish a quilt as well!

And I started a few projects new projects: some lunch bags for the girls that are nearly done. I also cut 3 new summer dresses for myself. Maybe I am not ready for summer to end....

Linking to August Furtle.

Celine

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness you have been up to a lot. Good thing you got everyone back in time. Love all the fabric colors and that quilt is so adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy month! Congratulations on the job and all the wonderful finishes! Hooray! *waves pompoms*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!